Friday, November 11, 2005

The Books World

I love reading books. Actually, I better say I love to know what is it inside of the books - I love knowledge!
There are several kind of books that I'm using to obtain my knowledge:
1. Printed books
2. Digital books, better known as e-book, mostly appears in a .pdf format
3. Audio books - my favorites. Mostly appear in an .mp3 or .wav format

Except for books I obtain my knowledge from magazines, articles in the Internet and news. I find it both fascinating and frustrating to learn on new isseus through the internet. The fascination comes due to the flexibility to choose sources of information like you could never had before. The frustration comes through the realization that there are too many sources and too many subjects to learn about - you'll never know it all.

The form of audio book helps me to better manage my day and feel more efficient. I can "hear the reading" of the book during my workout at the GYM, during my way on the road and even before I go to sleep - all that without stressing my eyes and by preserving and better use a precious time. I can also better plan my day and based on the time I plan for the book hearing know exactly when I'll finish that book (haha - this is a clear advantage isn't it?). So, whenever possible, I prefer to consume books by hearing them rather than reading them.

I have another bad habit of falling in love with having new books. It is a rare situation to see me inside a bookstore without buying at least one new book. This does not say that I'm in a rush to read it (I wish) - but I love to know that I have new books in the waiting list to be read. The same goes with audio books of course. Although being easier to consume, they are waiting on the line as well.

This Blog will be used to help me document whatever I'm doing with books. This might help me to put some order with my bad habbits, and giving maybe some advantage and help for others to decide which books might be of interest for them (you for example). You can of course also see my books and decide to recomend me on some other books that may fits to my interests as you see it.

Maybe one day I'll write a book by myself. This is something that I already tried several times, already have several initiations of chapters on different subjects, but still don't have a plan for a real book for now - maybe the blogging here will give me the spirit to go for it again - time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home