Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Art of Deception - Kevin Mitnick


Yesterday I read that Kevin Mitnick is coming to Israel on Feb-18 to give some lectures in a security forum meeting. Kevin Mitnick is famously known as the 1st computer hacker that has been captured and sentenced to jail. Kevin uses what is known now as social engineering for getting information from the most vulnerable part in the security chain - human - in order to recieve delicate information such as user names, passwords, entry codes, etc. In his book "The art of deception" Kevin describes his story from a young boy to a grown up information criminal. I believe that many stories are still missing due to the fact that Kevin is now free and go figure what else he knows and keep for himslef for a "rainy day".
I have read Kevin's book two years ago and labeled it as a must-read for anyone who deals with computer networks and willing to keep them out of reach for external users. The book also exposes a briliant manipulative and criminal mind, I must confess that in some way I feel guilty just for reading such a book, but don't worry - I'm from the good guys ;) and I don't know nor like hacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home